James Franco denied any inappropriate actions after multiple actresses accused him of sexual misconduct.
Franco appeared on “The Late Show” Tuesday night after his Golden Globes win for “The Disaster Artist” and claimed he didn’t know what any of the alleged victims were talking about.
“I have no idea what I did to Ally Sheedy,” he said of the “Breakfast Club” star who said Franco shouldn’t have been invited to the Globes.
“I directed her in a play off Broadway. I had nothing but a great time with her and I have total respect for her.
He also said the other allegations against him were “not accurate,” but said he supported people “coming out and being able to have a voice because they didn’t have a voice for so long.”
“In my life, I pride myself on taking responsibility for things that I’ve done. I have to do that to maintain my wellbeing. I do it whenever I know that there is something wrong and needs to be changed,” Franco said.
“I can’t live if there’s restitution to be made. I will make it. If I’ve done something wrong, I will fix it. I have to. I think that’s how that works.”
Citing the #MeToo movement and Time’s Up, a new initiative launched by more than 300 actress that aims to fight sexual harassment and assault in the workplace, Franco said the point is to listen.
“I’m here to listen and learn and change my perspective where it’s off,” he said. “I’m competely willing to.”
After Franco’s Golden Globes win Sunday, several actresses accused him of sexual misconduct.
Stars accused of sexual harassment and assault
Actress Violet Paley claimed the actor once sexually assaulted her and tried to lure her 17-year-old friend to his hotel room.
“Cute #TimesUp pin James Franco. Remember the time you pushed my head down in a car towards your exposed penis & that other time you told my friend to come to your hotel when she was 17? After you had already been caught doing that to a different 17 year old?” she wrote on Twitter.
On Tuesday, Paley claimed that Franco called her to apologize several weeks ago.
“A couple weeks ago, James offered me & a few other girls an overdue, annoyed, convenient phone ‘apology,'” she tweeted.
“I don’t accept, but maybe some other people’s lives would be made easier if he donated all of his earnings from “The Disaster Artist” to RAINN.”
Sarah Tither-Kaplan, a former student of Franco’s at his acting school, claimed that the actor exploited her by asking her to strip down on set for only $100 per day after she signed a “vague and general at best” contract.
On Tuesday, the New York Times also canceled a TimesTalk event with Franco set for Wednesday.
“The event was intended to be a discussion of the making of the film, ‘The Disaster Artist.’ Given the controversy surrounding recent allegations, we’re no longer comfortable proceeding in that vein,” the Times said in a statement to the Daily News.
Source: Ny Daily News