Drama continues to swirl around Meghan Markle’s family in the days leading up to her marriage to Prince Harry.
Officials at the palace had reportedly arranged for Thomas to have a security team for the big day and also made sure he’d be able to attend certain events while he was in the United Kingdom before he told TMZ that he wasn’t coming anymore. He said his decision to bow out of the festivities is due to him feeling badly after news emerged that he’d agreed to a deal with the paparazzi to take photos of him getting ready for his daughter’s wedding.
Surveillance footage from a café showing Thomas with a photographer were published Sunday by the Daily Mail, which reported he staged some of the pictures.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are set to get married on Saturday. (Frank Augstein/AP)
Markle’s father has since changed his mind, however, and wishes to attend the wedding after speaking to his daughter, according to TMZ. But he says it will be up to his doctors to clear him to go.
Thomas recently returned to the hospital with chest pains, one week after he was hospitalized following a heart attack.
His daughter is set to marry Prince Harry on Saturday at Windsor Castle.
“I hate the idea of missing one of the greatest moments in history and walking my daughter down the aisle” he told TMZ.
Markle’s mother Doria — who is no longer married to Thomas — could reportedly walk her daughter down the aisle.
Thomas reportedly agreed to make the deal with the paparazzi because he wanted to be painted in a positive light after shutterbugs previously snapped unflattering pictures of him, including shots of him buying beer.
Prince Harry, 33, and the former “Suits” actress, 36, announced their engagement in November after more than a year of dating.
Source: Ny Daily News